Streamline administration from a simple point-and-click interface to manage your virtualized storage infrastructure and reduce complexity.
With NexentaStor ™'s Virtual MachineData Center (VMDC) software add-on, storage and system administrators can view and manage their entire virtualized storage infrastructure over NFS or iSCSI network shares. Streamline administration – including provision storage, set-up storage policies or create clone virtual machines (VMs).
At a Glance
- Reduce Complexity from managing multi-vendor virtual environments
- Eliminate Inefficiencies creating clones (CPU & network bandwidth spikes)
- Higher Utilization of storage from deduplication and thin-provisioning
- Centralized Management of storage and Virtual Machine administration
Virtual Machine Data Center (VMDC)
With support for all major server virtualization storage platforms, VMDC delivers a powerful management tool to accelerate storage provisioning and establish storage policies at the VM-level. Host, protect and clone virtual machines from VMware vSphere, Citrix Xen and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualized infrastructures.
- Fast Cloning – Save time cloning VMs while dramatically reducing read/write operations and storage consumption with clones as 'pointers' and built-in deduplication
- VM Migration – Support for storage migration and migration of VMs
- Flexible Platform – Seamless integration with major hypervisor virtualization platforms. VMDCs discovery tool auto-detects all VMware® vSphere, Citrix Xen and Microsoft Hyper-V VMs on your network and adds them to the management console
- Automate Policies – Set-up replication, back-ups and retention storage policies at the VM-level
- Centralized Administration – Perform a variety of functions, from creating, deleting, exporting/importing storage volumes, or common tasks, like starting or stopping VMs
- Complete Utilization – Utilize the versatile ZFS file-system to take advantage of inline deduplication of primary storage, thin provisioning, native SSD support – ideal for random I/O of virtualized environments
- Unified Storage – Multi-network protocol support for NFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel environment with file-level and block-level access to VStorage storage volume
Virtual Machine Data Center Integration Capabilities
Configure any StorageDirector Z Series SAN/NAS with the VMDC to bring out the full power of Nexenta Systems with NexentaStor ™ with VMware® vSphere, Citrix Xen and Microsoft Hyper-V environments. VMDC seamlessly integrates with built-in NexentaStor features, like inline deduplication, thin-provisioning, and auto-services (auto-snap, auto-tier and auto-sync), for a cost-effective storage virtualization experience. Learn more >>
Take advantage of the following resources to learn more about the NexentaStor ™'s VMDC add-on for the StorageDirector Z Series Nexenta Systems.
Learn how VMDC lets storage admins maximize productivity and reduce complexity.
Explore how VMDC integrates the major virtualization platforms NexentaStor.
Leverages the superior data integrity of ZFS Nexenta Systems to experience enterprise storage features.